I Am Who I Am

If You Can't Take The Heat Then You Better Back Up!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Temptation

A lot of times when you sin you were tempted first. I'm here to let you know that if you are tempted, GOD will always give you a way to resist that temptation so you don't sin. Let's see what the Bible has to say about this:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

God is saying that if you are tempted, HE will always give you a way to break free of that temptation. It may be hard to resist the sin that you are being tempted to do. Remember even JESUS was tempted, but HE put all HIS trust and faith in GOD and GOD helped HIM get through it. GOD wouldn't just let you sin. It's your choice to sin. HE will always give you a way out. When you are tempted, it's helps to remember that:

  • You are a man/woman of GOD. You will not be pushed around by santan and his helpers. GOD has more power than the things in this world.
  • JESUS died on the cross for you and you would be letting HIM down by showing you don't have enough faith in HIM to show you can withstand temptation.
  • And remember that you are a temple of GOD; The HOLY SPIRIT lives in you and when you sin, it's like kicking GOD out of your house.

GOD is the only way out of temptation. Who you are tempted, try to say a prayer, maybe something like this:

"GOD take my mind and heart to help me resist this temptation because my flesh is weak and I don't want to sin against you. I know you are the only way out of temptation, so please help me out. Thank you for giving me a way out and for sending YOUR SON to die on the cross for me. In JESUS name, amen."

Try to stand strong when you are tempted. If you give in when you are tempted, ask GOD to forgive you and praise HIM for forgiving you. Pray that you will get another chance to show how faithful you are to HIM. If you succeed in not sinning, thank GOD for the strength HE gave you.

Well, I hope I helped someone with this message. If you have any questions, comments, typos, or anything else, please comment. May you be able to withstand the threats of temptation. Peace be with you. GOD bless U! Alabar DIOS, praise GOD! And happy Thanksgiving!

Hammer out.

Your servant, RC Hammer

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home