I Am Who I Am

If You Can't Take The Heat Then You Better Back Up!

Monday, January 01, 2007

"Newsboys Go" Review


Introduction: For many of you who don't know who the Newsboys are, they are an experienced Christian rock/pop band who's origins go all the way to Australia where the band was formed. They have had 12 albums and they are widely popular around the world. Many consider them to be one of the best Christian bands of all time.

The Review: Recently, the Newsboys released their newest album (on October 30, 2006) titled simply, "Go." I purchased this CD recently and I thought I should tell you what I think of it because it was created by my favorite band. For people who haven't followed the Newsboys, their recent albums were worship CD's, different from their normal pop/rock routine. In Go, the Newsboys go back to their rock/pop and it sounds great. Songs like Wherever We Go, Go, Something beautiful, The Mission, I Am Free and more deliver this sound and it returns well to what they are known for. Since the Newsboys are also known for their awesome worship songs, you won't be disappointed to know that they have this in their album too. It's hard to be exact on this but songs like In Wonder and Gonna Be Alright are wonderful worship songs. In this CD, the Newsboys put in a mixture of almost everything they have done and even some new things (they left out the disco.) They have rock, pop, worship, and even some Australian rap. Yes, in Your Love Is Better Than Live, Peter Furler raps about GOD'S love and how things can be hard to understand, only being understandable through GOD'S eyes. This CD focuses on a theme that the Newsboys say came randomly. The theme is going out and making disciples of people who might not know JESUS. You can hear this in songs Go, The Mission, and more. Plus, they have a bonus CD that comes with a DVD "Behind the Band" and three bonus songs. The Songs are I Am Free (Live), Something To Believe In, and City To City (which also goes with the theme of the CD.) I don't know why the last two aren't even songs in the CD, but you can bet that this CD will leave you fulfilled. It is one of my favorite Newsboys CD's and it is filled with some instant hits. Some highlights are: Wherever We Go, Go, Something beautiful, The Mission, In Wonder, Your Love is Better Than Life, I Am Free (Live and normal), Secret Kingdom (which sounds kind of like Breakfast- It's a fan service), Gonna Be Alright, and all of the bonus songs in the special edition. That's almost all the songs! There's 11 tracks (14 in the bonus edition) and you won't be disappointed if you buy this CD. It is one of the best CD's of 2006. Now, I'm not a really good review writer, but I have to spread the message to buy this CD! Good job Newsboys!

My rating (1-10): 9 out of 10. An awesome CD!

Tracks:

1. "Wherever We Go" 3:27
2. "Go (I Wanna Send You)" 2:52
3. "Something Beautiful" 3:51
4."The Mission" 3:40
5. "Let It All Come Out" 4:20
6. "In Wonder" 4:12
7. "Your Love Is Better Than Life" 3:39
8. "I Am Free" 3:36
9. "Secret Kingdom" 3:21
10. "The Letter (One of a Kind)" 3:22
11. "Gonna Be Alright" 3:33
12. "I Am Free (Live)" 7:05*
13. "Something to Believe In" 3:22*
14. "City to City" 3:54*

-*Included in the Limited Edition release. 40 minutes total.


Other Reviews:

  • JesusFreakHideout

  • MusicFaith

  • EntertainmentWatch

  • Newsboys official site: http://www.newsboys.com/

    GOD bless U all! Peace.
    Hammer out.


    Your servant,
    RC Hammer

    13 Comments:

    • At Monday, 01 January, 2007 , Blogger Isabella said...

      RYKER IF YOU SPOIL IT ...........I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NO LONGER BE GOING TO OUR SCHOOL......................SO DONT SPOIL IT!!!!!!!!!!

       
    • At Tuesday, 02 January, 2007 , Blogger RCHAMMER said...

      Umm... OK... but it's gonna be pretty hard to do that in Florida! Everyone was asking where you were. Evan tried to make rumors about you, but we stopped them.
      GOD bless.
      Hammer out.

      RC Hammer

       
    • At Thursday, 11 January, 2007 , Blogger 1 said...

      hey what has it been a whole year since i last commented? well im gonna get back to finding more viewers for you so they can learn the truth about GOD. whos that alfred kuchinski dude? whoever he is, he knows alot about the bible.
      ok so pce

      Dcaf

       
    • At Thursday, 11 January, 2007 , Blogger RCHAMMER said...

      Thanks, I could use more viewers. I know things have been very slow, but everything is going to start to move faster soon.

      Alfred is... I can't remeber his whole "title" but he is a humble, Catholic man who indeed knows alot about the Bible.

      GOD bless U all!
      Peace.
      Hammer out.

      RC Hammer

       
    • At Sunday, 14 January, 2007 , Blogger Isabella said...

      RYKER!! I GOT SOME NEW FLIPPING SWEET ICONS!!! CHECK EM OUT!!

       
    • At Sunday, 14 January, 2007 , Blogger Isabella said...

      thanks for stopping the rumors!!! didnt read those up above!! yeahhh it actually would be hard in florida....but you knew what i meant...when i got back!!



      Bella~~~~~~

       
    • At Monday, 15 January, 2007 , Blogger RCHAMMER said...

      Yeah... your welcome

       
    • At Tuesday, 16 January, 2007 , Blogger Isabella said...

      RYKER I WAS SO SICK TODAY!! it wasnt even funny!! but anyways comment me on my blog because i dont usually read yours first!! kk??
      lol


      well how was school?

      Bella~~

       
    • At Wednesday, 17 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      RC,

      This is A1. It has been a while. I saw your comments in November trying to re-connect with 4 of us. Here are Fenrir’s and Jennifer’s websites:
      http://fenrir-writing.blogspot.com/
      http://www2.blogger.com/profile/16528611770211261141

      I don’t know about Arelas. It seems you want to prove to him/her that you have listened and thus have improved your blogsite. Good for you. I don’t think we will go back to have a vigorous discussion as before; however, there’s a person posting in your ‘The Evidence of JESUS (B1)’ and ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ on 1/1/07. Interesting perspective!(I assume they’re from the same person-an anonymous atheist whereas I am an anonymous agnostic.) I guess you can carry out discussions with that person.

      It’s just not me taking off without saying good-bye (I found your blogspot today.) Take care and best wishes.

       
    • At Wednesday, 17 January, 2007 , Blogger Isabella said...

      who's that dude?


      sounds crazy


      lol just kidding


      ttyl (talk to ya later)

      hope you feel better

      Bella~

       
    • At Saturday, 20 January, 2007 , Blogger RCHAMMER said...

      Hi A1! I felt bad about how I acted with Arelas. Even though I am just a kid, I didn't act very mature. Anyway, I will check out the person who is commenting. He/she probably has an interesting view point. I didn't really mean much with the B1 post. I just wanted to mention Chuck Norris somehow. Maybe this will lead me to another interesting discussion.
      ...
      I was just thinking, maybe you should start an A1 blog?

      Bella, A1 is my friend from a little while back. Us and another 3 people had a "chat-room" type discussion on my blog, that lasted over 100 comments.

      I will post again soon.

      GOD bless U all!

      RC Hammer

       
    • At Saturday, 20 January, 2007 , Blogger RCHAMMER said...

      A1, I responded to both of the comments from A2. Thanks for the heads up.

      GOD bless.

      RC Hammer

       
    • At Monday, 10 November, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Good words.

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home